Tue, 31 Oct|
Mental Health Awareness (Half Day)
This course raises awareness of mental health.
Time & Location
31 Oct 2023, 09:00 – 13:00
About the Event
This course raises awareness of mental health. It covers:
• What mental health is and how to challenge stigma
• A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
• An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
• Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities
We limit numbers to 25 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn
Everyone who completes the course gets:
A certificate of attendance to say you are Mental Health Aware
A manual to refer to whenever you need it
A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
This is an accredited course. MHFA materials will be sent to the address provided on signing up.
Trainer: Alison Surtees
This course requires a minimum of 12 participants.
Zoom link will be sent out via Eventbrite 1 hour before the session.
BECTU sector reserves the right to cancel courses without liability. However, where possible, delegates will be offered an alternative date or a full refund.
BECTU is a sector of Prospect, and provides training courses for members and non-members. In accordance with guidance issued by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), Prospect is a “data controller” for the purposes of your personal data. The Vocational training course privacy notice can be downloaded here
- These training sessions will not be recorded.
- Closed caption may be used to enable accessibility for students. Transcripts of the sessions will not be recorded.
- Students should note that any personal data revealed during the training session either in the chat or during discussions will be in the public domain.
- Personal data revealed in the chat function should not be copied or shared unless consent has been given.
Cancellation Policy: Please cancel your ticket if you can no longer attend so that someone else has the opportunity.