Sat, 21 Oct|
Working with conflict with Angela Colebrook
Learn how to turn conflict into an opportunity for learning, growth, and collaboration.
Time & Location
21 Oct 2023, 10:00 – 13:00
About the Event
Conflict is an inevitable feature of work-life. In multi-discipline, diverse teams it’s unlikely that everyone will always agree and share the same goals. Conflict management is a vital skill that involves handling confrontations tactfully and constructively and resolving the conflict in a way that respects everyone’s wants and needs. A positive conflict management mindset is one that sees conflict as an opportunity for learning, growth, and collaboration, rather than a threat, a problem, or a failure.
In this workshop we explore:
• common causes of conflict and the stages of the conflict process.
• your role in mitigating potential conflict using formal and informal approaches.
• essential behaviours and productive approaches for working with conflict.
• how to move forward following conflict, including preventative strategies for the future.
On completion of the workshop participants will be able to:
• Define workplace conflict and list common causes.
• Describe the conflict process and identify potential opportunities for resolution.
• List different conflict management styles and their impact.
• Explain how to maintain a positive mindset and proactively identify and manage conflict so that they become part of the solution.
• Demonstrate how to implement productive conflict management in their role through a personal action plan.
Please note Zoom link will be sent out the day before the session.
- These training sessions will not be recorded.
- Closed caption may be used to enable accessibility for students. Transcripts of the sessions will not be recorded.
- Students should note that any personal data revealed during the training session either in the chat or during discussions will be in the public domain.
- Personal data revealed in the chat function should not be copied or shared unless consent has been given.
Cancellation Policy: Please cancel your ticket if you can no longer attend so that someone else has the opportunity.